Tom Felton is best known for playing Draco Malfoy, the anti-hero of the “Harry Potter” series. He is also popular for being the exact opposite of his infamous character. The Draco Malfoy actor is not snobbish or pompous; he is humble, extremely talented, funny and attentive to his fans. In 2015, he even produced a documentary about his fans called “Tom Felton Meets the Superfans.”
With an endless list of loveable qualities, it’s not hard to fall for the actor behind Draco Malfoy. So it’s not surprising that Tom Felton has plenty of fans who dream, if not aspire, of being his significant other. But with so many people in love with him, including other celebrities who are often linked to him, people want to know: is he in a relationship? Does Tom Felton have a wife?
The short yet uncertain answer is NO.
As of early 2021, the Draco Malfoy actor is single and ready to mingle — but maybe not for long. But before we get into the details of the current state of his dating life, let’s walk down memory lane and look back at the women whom everyone thought could have been Tom Felton’s wife.
Who is Tom Felton Dating: A Look Back at Ex-Girlfriends and Potential Girlfriends
Like other celebrities, Felton has his dating list. While it may not be as long as Kristen Stewart’s girlfriend list, Felton has many notable names in his. He has fallen in love more than once and taken girls out on dates.
Tom’s First Known Love: Melissa Tamschick
Then 17-year old Tom Felton was portraying Draco Malfoy for a third year in “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” when word came out that he was in a relationship. Tom Felton’s first girlfriend (made public) was singer Melissa Tamschick. The paparazzi caught photos of the couple in a local airport, both of them donning brown clothing ensembles.
Not much is known about the Draco Malfoy actor and his relationship with Tamschick except that the couple first got together in April 2004 and broke up in March 2007. Their relationship lasted for three years and three months.
Was There an Overlap? Tom Felton and Phoebe Tonkin
The second popular Tom Felton girlfriend is Australian actress Phoebe Tonkin.
Born on July 12, 1989, Phoebe Jane Tonkin is best known for her roles in “Tomorrow,” “H20: Just Add Water” and “The Secret Circle.” Her most recent and notable role as Hayley Marshall in the spin-off of “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals.”
Like Felton, Tonkin has a magical list of ex-boyfriends, which include “Gossip Girl” star Ed Westwick, her “Shark Night” co-star Xavier Samuel and “The Circle’s” Chris Zylka. The Draco Malfoy actor is also on her list as her first celebrity boyfriend.
But there seems to be an overlap. As mentioned above, Felton dated Tamschick until March 2007. News sources state that Felton and Tonkin started dating in 2006. No one knows for sure but one can only speculate that our favorite “Harry Potter” bad boy may have dated both girls at the same time at one point.
Whatever their story was, Tonkin did not bear the Tom Felton girlfriend badge for too long. The pair split in 2008.
The Tom Felton Girlfriend We All Knew About: Jade Olivia Gordon
The Draco Malfoy actor did not stay single for too long after his split with Tonkin. A few months after separating from her, he started dating Jade Olivia Gordon, a gorgeous professional stunt assistant.
Born on April 24, 1967, Gordon is best known for work on “Edge of Tomorrow” and “Avengers: Endgame.” But her claim to fame was her small role as Astoria Greengrass-Malfoy in “Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows 2.” What was interesting in her short stint in the Wizarding World was that the public did not know that the woman portraying Tom Felton’s wife in the series was his real-life girlfriend.
Felton and Gordon first met on the set of “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” In 2008, they started dating.
Felton was very much in love with his then-girlfriend, gushing about her to news outlets. In an interview with Express back in 2015, he called Gordon his best friend, saying that he loves how she understood him and how he didn’t feel the need to sugar-coat things with her.
Talking about Gordon’s famous cameo as Draco’s wife, Felton said that he was the one who encouraged her to take the role. He said that she was initially reluctant but he “pulled her arm and twisted it.” When she agreed, Gordon filmed with the cast for three days at King’s Cross. Felton called it a rushed yet a very fond moment, as he was “married” to his girlfriend for three days. They were clearly living in the moment with each other.
Sadly, the couple quietly separated in January 2016. In 2017, Gordon started dating professional golfer Patrick Rodgers, whom she married in May 2019. As for Tom Felton, there was no wife or girlfriend in sight, but he was seen kissing an unknown woman in 2018. In 2019, he was spotted walking his dog with “The Flash” star Justine Brennan.
But there was no official Tom Felton girlfriend — only rumors and wishful thinking, particularly with one of his former “Harry Potter” co-stars.
The One That Got Away? Tom Felton and Emma Watson
In the world of “Harry Potter,” Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger loathed each other. He was mean to her, calling her the offensive word “mudblood” whenever he can. She returned the favor by foiling his bullying, slapping him that one time and hating him with the same passion. Malfoy and Hermione’s tension, however, fueled fans to see a potential spark between the two, resulting in a huge DraMione (Draco and Hermione) fan base.
In real life, the same can be said for Tom Felton and Emma Watson, aka the actress behind Hermione Granger. Unlike their “Harry Potter” characters, Felton and Watson are good friends. Together with their co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, the pair hung out with the rest of the “Harry Potter” cast and spent most of their teenage years growing up together.
View this post on Instagram
Tom Felton and Emma Watson claim that they are just good friends with good onscreen chemistry. But over the years, the pair has been surrounded by speculations and dating rumors — even when Tom Felton had a girlfriend. And we can’t blame the tabloids. Just take a look at Felton and Watson’s so-called “relationship” timeline:
- August 2011. In an interview with Seventeen, Watson revealed that she nursed a crush on Tom Felton when they first started filming the first two “Harry Potter” films. The best part is Felton knows about her crush and they often talk and laugh about it.
- April 2016. The tides turn, however, as Felton revealed in another interview with Seventeen that he didn’t know about Watson liking him. So, what’s the real tea?
- November 2018. The “Harry Potter” co-stars first sparked relationship rumors when Watson a posted a photo of them on Instagram. Her caption congratulated Felton for his role in the “Origin” series. Apart from hanging out by the Californian beach, the pair also enjoyed a day of skateboarding. Felton talked about the reunion in an interview with Us Weekly, admitting that they often meet up; they just don’t post it often. The Draco Malfoy actor made readers swoon when he admitted that he always enjoyed spending time with her.
- February 2019. The pair hung out again and capped off the day with Emma Watson posting a photo of herself — with the said photo being taken by Tom Felton. She captioned the Instagram photo, “Friends capture you best.” She may have called Felton a “friend,” but that didn’t stop Draco and Hermione shippers from running wild with the rumors.
- August 2019. A few months later, Watson and Felton saw each other again, which led fans to believe the pair were toying with their emotions. Felton posted a photo of himself at the beach, giving Watson the credit. His caption: “Women do it better.” In the same month, he also posted a photo of him teaching Watson how to play the guitar in South Africa. Draco and Hermione shippers flooded the photo with comments, freaking out over the possibility of the pair dating in real life.
- November 2019. Emma Watson reveals to the world that all the DraMione rumors are false, confirming that she’s single and happy about it. She calls her relationship status “being self-partnered.”
Since Watson’s statement of singleness, the pair is yet to be seen together. Although we are confident they are still good friends, any hope for Tom Felton and Emma Watson to date each other in real life is put to rest — for now.
FACT: Tom Felton is Not Married
Despite being paired with Watson and other celebrities, it seems like the Draco Malfoy actor needs more magic when it comes to finding a girlfriend. In February 2020, The Sun reported that Tom Felton had signed up to celebrity dating app Raya to find true love.
According to a close source, Felton has long struggled to find someone he can connect with, as well as someone who understands his hectic lifestyle under the spotlight. But so far, he seems to be happy with his single status.
So if you’re a big fan of Tom Felton, rejoice, he’s still single! But being the loveable Tom Felton that he is, he may not be single for too long.